Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Bendeela

So the kids and I headed to Bendeela campsite in the Kangaroo Valley for a trial camping run, on the weekend.

I was super nervous as I'd never put a tent up solo.

I didn't want to go, the more I thought about it, the worse it seemed.

My 6 year old had other ideas and so off we set...

I figured, "What's the worst that could happen? "

An hour and a half drive later saw us at Bendeela, a picturesque camping site nearby the river.

We chose a shaded spot near some portable toilets and proceeded to attempt to pitch the tent.

I couldn't figure it out and felt a cold sweat breaking out at the thought of having to retreat, shamefaced, back home.

Luckily a guardian angel appeared, in the guise of a nearby single mum camper (hello!) and between the two of us (mostly her), we managed to pitch a decent tent in the afternoon wind....


No comments:

Post a Comment